Bismillāh wa-Alḥamdulillāh wa al-Ṣalātu wa al-Salām ʿalá Rasūl Allāh ʿamma baʿd On Sunday 22nd April, 2022, for one of our final lectures in our series of RamaḍānReminders 2022, our elder and teacher, Abu Isma’eel Mustafa George De-Berry (May Allāh preserve him), gave a powerful admonition in the explanation of The following Ḥadīth Narrated by Anas bin Mālik, “The Messenger of Allāh ﷺ said: ‘Some people open the door to good and close the door to evil, and some people open the door to evil and close the door to good. Glad tidings to those in whose hands Allāh places they keys to good, and woe to those in whose hands Allāh places the keys to evil.’” (Sunan Ibn Majah) This lecture should act as a wake up call to all Muslims to align themselves with that which benefits themselves, as well as others, for the betterment of their hereafter and the fulfilment of each and every one of our roles in this worldly realm!
Here are some of the main points covered in this lecture:
- The Tremendous Blessings of Allāh Upon His Servants
- The Significance of The Last Days And Nights In The Blessed Month of Ramaḍān
- The Importance On Reflecting And Bringing Oneself To Account In The Final Days of Ramaḍān
- An Explanation of The Ḥadīth Narrated by Anas bin Mālik “The Messenger of Allāh ﷺ said: ‘Some people open the door to good and close the door to evil, and some people open the door to evil and close the door to good. Glad tidings to those in whose hands Allāh places they keys to good, and woe to those in whose hands Allāh places the keys to evil.’” (Sunan Ibn Majah)
- The Means Towards Measuring And Analyzing Oneself Falls Into Two Categories;
- People who are openers of good and closers of evil or
- People who are openers of evil and closers of good
- The Importance on Knowing The Sources of Good Before Spreading Good To Others
- Being A Means Towards Commanding The Good And Forbidding The Evil To The People
- The Explanation of The Verse 31 From Sūrah Mayram From The Works of Imām Ibn Kathīr and Shaykh ʿAbdurRaḥmān al-Saʿdī
- The Good Teachings of Islām On Excellent Character
- The Connection Between Truthiness and The Da’wah of Islām such as;
- The event of The Prophet ﷺ calling his people to Islām
- The story of Heraclius and Abū Sufyān before his Islām
- Trying One’s Best To Implement A Change In One’s Life Towards Goodness
O Allāh! Benefit us with what You have taught us, teach us what will benefit us and provide us with knowledge that will benefit us.
You must be logged in to post a comment.