Bismillāh wa-Alḥamdulillāh wa al-Ṣalātu wa al-Salām ʿalá Rasūl Allāh ʿamma baʿd
Muwahhideen Publication is pleased to announce a new weekly telelink class on the explanation of the book, “Book Ar-Risālat Ut-Tabūkiyyah (The Message From Tabūk)” of Imām Ibn ul-Qayyim. This class is every Wednesday and is translated live, and it started Wednesday 23rd June 2021
So we invite our brothers and sisters to join us in this simplified this knowledge-based weekly class.
We ask Allāh to allow us to benefit and to implement the best of what we learn.
Tune in to the LIVE Audio Stream via:
In Shāʾ Allāh Taʿālá
Wa Billāhi Tawfīq
Review the previous lessons below:
Name of Speaker: Shaykh Dr. ʿAbdullah ibn Ṣulfīq aẓ-Ẓafīrī الشيخ د. عبد الله بن صلفيق الظفيري
Country of Speaker: Saudi Arabia المملكة العربية السعودية
Category: Aqīdah العقيدة
Class 01 – [66:35 mins] | [الدرس الأول – [٦٦:٣٥ دقيقة
Date: 13th Dhūl-Qaʿdah, 1442 AH (23rd June, 2021 CE) الثالث عشر من ذي القعدة ١٤٤٢
Points Covered by The Shaykh:
- The Shaykh (حفظه الله) began with the Basmalah seeking the Help of Allāh (سبحانه وتعالى) and relying on Him. He then praised Allāh with praises that only He is deserving of.
- The scribe that copied this treatise made duʿā’ for Ibnul Qayyim (رحمه الله) asking Allāh to be pleased with him and asking him to be pleased.
- This treatise was written after the famous Mīmiyyah poem of Ibnul Qayyim and was a response to the people of Tabūk.
- The Shaykh (حفظه الله)encouraged reading the works of Ibnul Qayyim since they deal with the rectification and purification of the heart and soul which leads to the rectification of ones life.
- The foundation of the knowledge of Allāh is knowing His Names and Attributes and this knowledge must be accompanied by righteous actions.
- The Shaykh (رحمه الله) included an āyah that encourages the believers to cooperate upon righteousness and piety and not to cooperate upon sin.
ۘ وَتَعَاوَنُوا۟ عَلَى ٱلْبِرِّ وَٱلتَّقْوَىٰ ۖ وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوا۟ عَلَى ٱلْإِثْمِ وَٱلْعُدْوَٰنِ ۚ وَٱتَّقُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَاب
- “Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwá (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.” [Sūrah Al-Mā’īdah 5:2]
- The Muslim is either in one of two situations; where he has to give an obligation to the Creator, or give an obligation to the creation.
- The believers have been commanded to have taqwá at all times and in all situations.
- We have a Lord who we owe many responsibilities; tawḥīd, ṣalah, zakāt, fasting the month of ramaḍān and performing ḥajj.
- We also have obligations towards our Muslim brothers and sisters.
- It is obligatory to abstain from what we have been prohibited from.
- We are bound by these obligations even when dealing with non Muslims.
- When Muslims keep to these obligations it leads to people entering into Islām when they see that Muslims are just, honest and have good behavior.
- If we do not keep these obligations, it chases people away from Islām and we oppress our own selves.
- The dīn of Allāh (سبحانه وتعالى)is one of gentle treatment and mercy regardless of whether you are dealing with Muslims or non Muslims.
- Advice regarding how our relationship should be with our Lord.
- Cooperating with people should always be based on what is pleasing to Allāh and upon obedience to Him and the pinnacle of a servants happiness and success is based on this principle.
- The Shaykh gave an explanation of birr – righteousness and taqwá – piety, saying that these 2 terms are similar and are a part of each other.
- Cooperating with people should not be based on material gain and if this is the case, then the ties that link people to each other will quickly vanish.
- The Shaykh gave an explanation of other words that are similar in meaning and are intertwined to each other; Islām and Īmān, Faqīr and miskīn, fusūq and ʿaṣyān, munkār and fāḥishah.