Name of Speaker: Shaykh Zakariyyah bin Shuʿayb al-ʿAdanī للشيخ زكريا بن شعيب العدني
Country of Speaker: Yemen اليمن
Category: Methodology المنهج
Date: 14th Safar, 1442 AH (2nd October, 2020 CE) الجمعة الرابع عشر من صفر ;١٤٤٢
Here Are The Questions That Were Presented To The Shaykh with Corresponding Minute Markers:
1. Dear Shaykh (حفظك الله), there is a group of people in my country who are somewhat new to Salafiyyah and say that they do not want to take sides in the fitnah of Muḥammad bin Hādī and that it is just a difference of opinion between the Shuyūkh. They say that they want to stay neutral and consider Muḥammad bin Hādī as a scholar that they respect. Is it permissible for a Muslim to be neutral in this affair and to continue to associate and take knowledge from Salafīs on both sides because they consider all of them to be Salafī?
- Q.1 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:00:00 English 00:03:28
- A.1 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:00:25 English 00:04:03
2. Some Salafīs here believe that when fitnah occurs they should not look into the affair at all because they are still new to the Salafī Daʿwah. Is there any harm for such a person to look into the speech of the ʿUlamāʾ regarding the fitnah, or should they remain ignorant of it altogether?
- Q.2 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:07:42 English 00:09:20
- A.2 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:08:00 English 00:09:44
3. There is a Student of Knowledge who says regarding Muḥammad bin Hādī that he [i.e. the student] does not criticise any of the ʿUlamāʾ of Ahl al-Sunnah when they fall into error. Is this saying correct and can it be applied to Muḥammad bin Hādī?
- Q.3 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:11:23 English 00:14:05
- A.3 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:11:40 English 00:14:23
4. Some of the brothers have said regarding the fitnah with ʿAlī (رضي الله عنه) and Muʿāwiyah (رضي الله عنهما), that many of the Ṣaḥābah chose not to take a position and remained neutral and therefore, we can apply that situation to the fitnah of Muḥammad bin Hādī and not get involved and not take a position. Is this comparison correct?
- Q.4 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:17:41 English 00:21:59
- A.4 Audio Minute Marker: Arabic 00:18:03 English 00:22:20