Name of Speaker: Shaykh Zakariyyah ibn Shuʿayb al-ʿAdanī للشيخ زكريا بن شعيب العدني
Country of Speaker: Yemen اليمن
Category: Methodology المنهج
Date: 14th Safar, 1442 AH (2nd October, 2020 CE) الجمعة الرابع عشر من صفر ;١٤٤٢
Points Covered by The Shaykh:
- Aiding the oppressed is a Universal Principle that is implemented even by the disbelievers and Arabs in the time of Jāhiliyyah.
- What is our obligation as Muslims towards those who have been oppressed in their wealth, blood and honor.
- The Shaykh (حفظه الله تعالى) mentioned several pacts and agreements that were observed by Quraish in aiding the oppressed in the time of Jāhiliyah including the well known Ḥilf Al-Fuḍūl, aka Ḥilf Al-Muṭayyibīn (The pact of the Good Guys).
- How Muḥammad (ﷺ) was the most eager to help those who were oppressed.
- The explanation of several aḥādīth forbidding oppression and encouraging the Muslim to aid his Muslim brothers, including: “help your brother whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.”
- Brotherhood in Islām should not be limited to mere lip service but requires action.
- The immense reward for those who help and defend those who have been oppressed.
- Helping the oppressed brings about The Vast Mercy of Allāh (سبحانه و تعالى) and is one of the most beloved acts of worship to Allāh (سبحانه و تعالى).
- The fact that if Muslims do not aid each other and help those who are oppressed, there will be widespread fitnah throughout the earth.